It’s been an unusually and surprisingly busy month, for local transportation news:
- We learned Bertha is stuck for a year.
- Proposition 1 failed to pass at the County level.
- Friends of Transit filed I-118 for a city only transit vote.
- A policy fight broke out across the media between them and Mayor Murray.
- The Mayor finally agreed to a city only vote, and I-118 was suspended.
- SDOT insulted West Seattle on Twitter.
- Sound Transit released early maps of possible Light Rail routes in West Seattle.
Tomorrow night at 6:30pm, Mayor Ed Murray’s transportation and transit policy advisor, Andrew Glass Hastings, joins the West Seattle Transportation Coalition to discuss all this and a wide array of West Seattle related transportation issues.
Join us at Neighborhood House High Point, at 6400 Sylvan Way SW in West Seattle, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Full agenda: http://www.westseattletc.org/tuesday-may-13th-2014-wstc-agenda
Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/835116326503353
Google Maps to our meeting: http://goo.gl/v2cvko