Our meetings are on the 4th Thursday of each month at the High Point Neighborhood House at 6400 Sylvan Ave SW from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
Upcoming WSTC meetings and events:
Previous WSTC meetings:
- April 23, 2020: Discussing mobility in the aftermath of West Seattle High Bridge closure with Seattle Department Of Transportation
- February 27, 2020: Port Of Seattle answers questions about Terminal 5
- January 23, 2020: King County Councilmember Joe McDermott reports on current county transportation projects
- October 24, 2019: A conversation with King County Metro about transit service
- September 27, 2019: Seattle Department Of Transportation Sam Zimbabwe visits
- July 25, 2019: Vision Zero pedestrian improvements coming to the Westwood Village Transit Center and a RapidRide H progress report
- June 27, 2019: Washington State Representative Joe Fitzgibbon discusses current state transportation projects
- May 23, 2019: An update on plans for the Seattle waterfront and a report from Olympia by Senator Joe Nguyen and Representative Eileen Cody
- April 25, 2019: New SDOT Director Sam Zimbabwe was on hand
- March 28, 2019: JUMP and Lime talked bike share
- February 28, 2019: Washington State Ferries talked about future plans for the ferry system and Port Of Seattle discussed forthcoming improvements to T5
- January 24, 2019: King County Executive Dow Constantine discussed the “Seattle Squeeze” and ST3
- November 29, 2018: Imagine Greater Downtown and Commute Seattle made presentations about their organizations’ activities
- October 25, 2018: Representatives from Seattle City Light talked about a plan to install public fast DC chargers in Seattle
- September 27, 2018: A multi-jurisdictional presentation concerning the upcoming SR99 viaduct-to-tunnel cutover closure
- May 25, 2018: Genesse Adkins and Summer Jawson from SDOT gave a status report about MOVE Seattle and other department activity
- April 26, 2018: Sound Transit representatives reviewed routes being considered for ST3 in West Seattle
- September 28, 2017: Bill LaBorde from SDOT talked about the West Seattle Bridge Corridor Project
- July 27, 2017: NW Seaport Alliance participated in a discussion about truck queuing
- April 27, 2017: King County Metro and SDOT talked about One Center City
- March 23, 2017: SDOT presentation about Delridge Way SW RapidRide H
- Feburary 23, 2017: SDOT on hand to present information about Fauntleroy Way SW Boulevard project
- January 26, 2017: An update on The Levy to Move Seattle
- November 17, 2016: SDOT talked about regional parking zones
- October 27, 2016: Drive Clean Seattle
- September 22, 2016: Post-viaduct waterfront and 35th Ave SW.
- May 26, 2016: The Northwest Seaport Alliance visited and discussed how changes in the shipping industry may affect plans for Terminal 5.
- January 29, 2016
- October 22, 2015: Sound Transit was on hand to talk about options for ST3.
- July 23, 2015: The Port Of Seattle shared their plans for T5 redevelopment.
- June 25, 2015: WSTC members discussed the Move Seattle levy.
- May 28, 2015: There was a discussion of concerns with Move Seattle funding. Board elections.
- April 23, 2015: Attendees talked about what was included in the proposed Move Seattle levy.
- March 26, 2015: SDOT Director and staff were on hand to explain proposed changes to 35th Ave SW.
- February 26, 2015
- January 22, 2015
- April 8, 2014: Board meeting #6. We were joined by senior SDOT engineering staff to review what can be done about the issues we identified in February 2013.
- April 7, 2014: The WSTC was invited by Mayor Murray’s office to join the Advisory Committee to find a new SDOT Director, and Marci Carpenter is our representative.
- March 11, 2014: Board meeting #5. Between February and this meeting, we researched, studied, and at this meeting over several debates and votes, endorsed King County Metro’s Proposition 1.
- February 11, 2014: Board meeting #4. Based on all the feedback to date, we narrowed down the main infrastructure issues that were more immediately pressing on us.
- January 14, 2014: Our Transportation Forum with WSDOT/Governor’s office, the County Executive’s office, the Mayor’s Office, and the City Council.
- December 14, 2013: We announced our Listening Tour to get feedback on transportation problems all over our area.
- December 10, 2013: Board meeting #3. We released our by-laws and elections process, at last.
- December 6, 2013: We probed SDOT & SPD about a major, hours-long disruption of service on the West Seattle Bridge. This would later reveal that under city process and budget, this was unavoidable at the time. WSTC has rectifying this deficiency on our long term agenda now.
- November 26, 2013: We endorsed Light Rail in West Seattle to Sound Transit. South Park Neighborhood Association joins the WSTC.
- November 18, 2013: The WSTC holds a televised rally at 35th & Fauntleroy & Avalon against the proposed 27% cuts to Metro service in West Seattle. News here and here.
- November 17, 2013: North Delridge Neighborhood Council, Westwood-Roxhill-Arbor Heights Community Council, and Admiral Neighborhood Association join the WSTC.
- November 12, 2013: Board meeting #2. We formed our committees and overall structure.
- October 25, 2013: Alki Community Council, West Seattle Junction Neighborhood Organization, and the Highland Park Action Committee join the WSTC.
- October 18, 2013: Delridge Neighborhood District Council, Genesee-Schmitz Neighborhood Council, and the Morgan Community Association join the WSTC.
- October 8, 2013: Board meeting #1. We renamed ourselves from the West Seattle Transit Coalition. We wrote our Call To Action in this meeting.
- September 24, 2013: Inaugural/founding meeting.