Here is the agenda for our next meeting. Our guest is Andrew Glass Hastings, Seattle Mayor Ed Murray’s transportation policy advisor.
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 WSTC Agenda.
This meeting will be 6:30pm to 8:30pm at High Point Neighborhood House, 6400 Sylvan Way SW in West Seattle. Please enter at the rear plaza to the large meeting room.
The Facebook event for this meeting is here: http://www.facebook.com/events/835116326503353
6:30-6:40: Welcome, Introductions, Community news, Updates.
6:40-6:55: WSTC Board member confirmations.
- Position 1: Joe Szilagyi
- Position 2: Amanda Kay Helmick
- Position 3: Michael Taylor-Judd
- Position 4: Deb Barker
- Position 5: Vicki Nelson
- Position 6: Alon Bassok
- Position 7: Tod Rodman
- Position 8: Marci Carpenter
- Position 9: Ray Krueger
- Position 10: Martin Westerman
- Position 11: Open
Details on each member: https://www.westseattletc.org/about/wstc-board
6:55-7:00: New business from the Membership.
7:00-8:00: A discussion with Mayor Ed Murray’s Transit and Transportation Advisor, Andrew Glass Hastings, about a variety of critical transportation issues. Some of the topics will include:
- With Prop 1’s failure on the county level, what is Mayor Murray’s plan now for bus service in the city?
- What is the Mayor’s plan to keep Viaduct Mitigation money coming for West Seattle now that Bertha will be offline for over a year?
- If an earthquake shuts down the bridges, what is the city’s plan for us?
- What year will the Lander Street Overpass be opened?
- When will the Chelan intersection bicycle improvements and the E Marginal cycle track be finished?
8:00-8:15: A first discussion of the proposed Friends of Transit “Plan C” to fund King County Metro in-city only with property taxes. Details: http://www.friendsoftransit.us
8:15-8:30: Brainstorm topics for our June 10th meeting with guest Washington State Secretary of Transportation, Lynn Peterson. Including the Viaduct and tunnel, and how it affects West Seattle: https://www.westseattletc.org/wsdot-secretary-lynn-peterson-visits-wstc-on-june-10
Join us on our mailing list here: https://www.westseattletc.org/wstc-talk/
Join us on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/westseattletc/
Next meeting: Tuesday, June 10, 6:30pm with guest Washington State Transportation Secretary and WSDOT head Lynn Petersen.