Join the West Seattle Transportation Coalition and Sound Transit to discuss the future of Light Rail and Bus Rapid Transit to and from West Seattle on Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Neighborhood House High Point Center, 6400 Sylvan Way SW in West Seattle, just east of the intersection of 35th Ave SW and SW Morgan. For bus, take the #21 or #128. The full agenda will be out later.
Read Sound Transit’s Long Range Plan Update here: http://www.soundtransit.org/Projects-and-Plans/Long-range-Plan-update
6:30-6:40: Welcome, Introductions, Community news, Updates.
6:40-6:55: A review of some West Seattle related activities the past month and committee updates (if any).
- The WSTC testified before the City Council on the city’s “Plan C” to fund metro. You can watch our segment of testimony here: https://www.youtube.com/
- Call for someone to chair the Outreach Committee (currently a very light workload, will ramp up later).
- Call for volunteers to meet for planning and discussion of some proposed public records requests on financial data.
- Call for volunteers to work on some letters to the city.
- Should we skip our August meeting and host a table at Delridge Day and the Gathering of Neighbors instead, on Saturday, August 9th?
6:55-7:00: New business from the Membership.
7:00-8:15: Sound Transit will be presenting to us, with Rachel Smith, their Government and Community Relations Officer, and Chris Rule, one of their Planners, joining us. What are the routes? Where would Light Rail and Bus Rapid Transit go to and through West Seattle? Come for the presentation and a Q&A. You can read some of the Sound Transit materials here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/222955539/South-King-County-HCT-Sound-Transit-study-progress-report
8:15-8:30: Last call for new business.